Role title: X-ray, Mammography, Fluoroscopy Field Service Engineer
Grade Engineer/Senior Engineer
Various Roles all over the UK
Reporting to Technical Service Manager
Purpose of the role:
- Provide comprehensive maintenance and service for X ray, Mammography or Fluoroscopy equipment on a number of multi-vender systems.
- Provide telephone assistance and field visits where and when required throughout the assigned region and when required throughout the UK
- Complete and maintain all administration and documentation in allotted time, to ensure smooth data processing
- Provide professional and regular information to the customer on related service call.
- Build good working relationship with customers / users of the equipment.
- Collaborate with customer service and management teams to maintain company’s high service quality standards.
- In addition there will be occasional assistance needed engineering support on other modalities
- Taking care of a good company image Resources/decision making authority
- Compliance with health and safety regulations, fire and environmental protection.
- Compliance with work discipline, laws, regulations and internal instructions, professional secrecy
- No budget/sign off responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, analyse and repair systems failures to maintain Elapsed Time to Repair (ETTR) and Systems Uptime standards by completing repairs immediately and efficiently.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on diagnostic imaging systems in accordance with defined company schedule.
- Support customers, Develop good customer contacts and communication
- Prioritise multiple demands, as required
- Ensure contractual Key Performance Indicators are met
- General duties to ensure operational delivery and patient safety
- Maintain accurate records
- Maintain essential stock
- Attend training courses as required attaining the required grades
- Ability to work in a hospital environment and team members
- Resolution of fault and technical problems
- Timeliness and accuracy of planned maintenance
- Timeliness and accuracy of reporting data into OPTIM
- Achievement of agreed personal and team objectives
- External & Internal feedback
Qualifications Essential Desirable
HNC/D Electronics or equivalent
Degree (Hons) in Electronics or equivalent
X-ray training, either Siemens/Toshiba/GE/Philips
- Customer and quality focus
- Good oral and written communication
- Computer skills, Microsoft Office and Equipment Database
- An understanding of Risk Management generally, and the impact on medical device support
- Fundamental management skills, concise communication, and the ability to liaise effectively with scientific and medical colleagues
- Broad range of engineering skills
- Mechanical workshop skills
- Able to problem solve under pressure, whilst minimising risk to patients, the Trust or company
- A keen interest in efficiency and innovative techniques to develop more effective working practices
- Working alone and as part of a dynamic team
- Willing to work across modalities/OEM’s
- Experienced in the repair, calibration of X-Ray,
- Mammography or Fluoroscopy equipment
- At least 3 years’ experience in healthcare environment
- Familiarity with appropriate national and local regulatory standards
- Has worked in clinical areas and involving patient communication
- Has attended a range of OEM or other appropriate device specific training works and is in procession of relevant certificates
Role location Field and site based
UK travel yes (between the sites)
International travel Possible – Training Courses
Driving license full clean driving license.