Test Team Lead - Swindon
An experienced Test Team Lead is urgently required to join a leading software house in Swindon who are enjoying record demand for their services from enterprise clients.
The Test Team Lead will be required to direct and manage the testing team to provide a high QA capability. You will be responsible for developing and implementing the testing strategy and so you will need to be self-motivated and proactive in keeping abreast of the latest testing tools and techniques.
- Strategically set out how teams should test software in a container first / microservices centric development environment
- Strategically set out how Developers can assist with the implementation of the test strategy, treating tests like any other software development, and how the QA in the Sprint team can best add value in this configuration
- Champion agile testing and take responsibility for developing and continually refining the approach to functional and non‐functional testing, both manual and automated.
- Lead and mentor QA team members and provide technical support and coaching for junior members of the testing team.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally.
- Identify the training requirements of the QA team members and develop a training programme to increase their skill set.
- Develop and execute test plans, test cases, automated test scripts for your own projects within the committed time frames.
- Extensive software testing experience (including automation)
- Good knowledge of the principles of functional and non‐functional testing
- Experience in creating test frameworks and strategies, choosing automated testing tools and creating testing standards.
- Experience in testing front end solutions and technologies for web sites and web applications.
- Experience in testing systems interfaces and back end systems and databases.
- Experience in automated testing and automation testing tools including Selenium Web Driver, JMeter, Load Runner, Serenity, Cucumber.
- Hands‐on testing experience including UAT, acceptance and system integrations testing
- Familiarity with Scrum and working within an agile development team to create test cases, provide estimates against requirements and meet sprint outcomes so that tested softwarecomponents can be demonstrated.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a passion for working in highly collaborative environments
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and ambitious Test Team Lead to become a key part of a growing success story, so apply today for immediate consideration.
Ref: 23444/G1 Published: 4 months ago