My client in Newport, South Wales, are seeking a number of Statistical Officers on an initial 6 month contract basis. Contract extensions / permanent offers are expected after this initial term.
About the Role
- Present and disseminate statistics using modern visualisation or publication techniques to give access to technical and non-technical data users.
- Collaborate in data research to improve processes using data science and statistical techniques.
- Support analysts and non-analysts in the application of data science or statistical techniques and provide team members with opportunities to up skill and build their statistical capability.
- Be highly numerate, with a first or second class graduate or post graduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics or another numerate subject; or demonstrable experience of having worked in a statistics or data science related field.
- Have experience of using analytical techniques and conducting analysis in such a way as to strengthen customer trust in the evidence base.
- Have experience of building the capability of others through sharing knowledge about data sources, data manipulation and appropriate innovations within your own team.
- Have practical experience of using R, Python, Cloudera, or similar statistical software packages.
The daily rate on offer for this contract is £140.00 - £170.00 per day.
Ref: 24644 Published: 2 months ago