My client in Fareham, Hampshire, require a Statistical Methodologist to work on and lead methodological research projects relating to a range of statistical activities.
The data linkage methodology branch provides expertise on linking admin data & survey data, contributing to population statistics. Other activities include liaison with external data linkage researchers / practitioners and provision of training in data linkage methods.
This contract role is initially 6 months in duration, with extension probable.
A degree in a subject such as mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, engineering (or similar) is essential.
Relevant Skills & Experience;
- Knowledge and experience of a range of analytical, or statistical techniques
- Experience in manipulation and analysis of data and presenting research results
- Computer literate with experience in at least one statistical package, preferably at least one of SAS, R or Stata, with an ability to pick up new languages as required.
Broader skills to include:
- Demonstrated experience of carrying out complex analytical research work
- Ability to manage pieces of research or analytical work, working with others to deliver quality outcomes to time
- Problem solving skills
- Experience of leading and managing a team of researchers, demonstrating an ability to motivate and develop staff
The daily rate on offer for this contract is £300.00 - £450.00 per day dependent on experience.
To apply, please send an up to date CV to email@example.com