Senior Network Engineer - Cisco, CCIE, JNCIE equivalent experience - London
FTSE Telecoms leader - My client are genuinely one of the most forward thinking and exciting telecoms players to work for in the world. With plush modern offices in the heart of London, free gym, subsidised canteen and onsite bar, my client can offer a state art environment and a first class career at the forefront of the telecoms arena. A full benefits package, LARGE PENSION and LARGE BONUS are on offer. Flexible working hours.
We are currently looking for a Senior Network engineer to join their networking division. A telecoms network background will help.
Most of the equipment consists of Cisco Routers ranging from AS 1K to ASR 9000 series, Cisco ASA and Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco L2/L3 switches (Catalyst and Nexus 5K/7K series), transmission equipment including Alcatel 7705 SAR, Alcatel 5620 SAM, server infrastructure and management applications (QRadar, Cisco ACS, Radius, Orion, HP Open View, Cacti, Nagios, Stablenet).
We are looking for a senior engineer who will complement the current team to design, implement, configure, monitor, troubleshoot and expand the backbone, transmission and site networks of companies in the group.
Key responsibilities of the position:
o Provide data and voice network expertise on the expansion and upgrade of the Group backbone and transmission networks.
o As part of the team plan and closely integrate and converge the different transport and transmission networks of the different entities within the Inmarsat group.
o Investigate, propose and implement enhancements to improve the efficiency and performance of the backbone and site networks.
o As part of the team liaise with system owners and users to design, implement and operate interconnection for the various Inmarsat services.
o Provide Backbone network expertise within Inmarsat and external entities as requested.
o Ensure a high level of security standards are maintained and operated across any network and server infrastructure,
o Maintain, expand and upgrade servers and monitoring tools as required to ensure their continued reliability.
o As part of the team participate in the monitoring and investigation of any issues, ensuring more complex problems are followed up to a comprehensive resolution,
o Provide occasional 2/3rd support for the backbone; Level 1 role is covered by the Inmarsat 24/7 NOC and operations; perform Network / System Troubleshooting as required.
o Provide support on network related issues to NOC, Satellite Access sites, Distribution Partners and third parties,
o Make certain consistency in design principles and implementation options is maintained throughout the network.
o Keep up to date with latest networking technologies and trends including virtualization technologies like SDN and NFV,
o Actively explore areas of improvement, in order to ensure the network remains best in class
• University degree level education or equivalent in Computer Science, Data Communications, Networking or related subjects.
• Proven experience in designing, implementing and monitoring carrier and backbone networks
• Proven experience of working in a network environment configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches, firewalls and monitoring devices.
• CCIE/JNCIE or equivalent level of expertise on routers, switches and network design and technologies obtained in network and security related roles.
• In-depth knowledge and proven application of advanced routing (OSPF, ISIS, BGP) in larger networks with high availability,
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the working and operation of MBGP, MPLS VPNs, L3 VPN’s, VPLS, L2 tunnels over MPLS, Traffic Engineering, Inter AS VPN’s, CsC VPN’s,
• Experience of configuring, implementing and operating Service Provider Switching/Routing in various platforms, e.g. Cisco ASR 1k/9K, Metro Ethernet Switches, Alcatel routers,
• Experience on TDM circuit emulation technologies, VoIP and QoS,
• Experience on the architecture and technologies employed in carrier mobile networks,
• Experience on corporate network technologies (network authentication, wireless networks, QoS and Voice over WLAN, WAN acceleration, …) would be an asset
• Generally proficient in using, installing and maintaining Windows and Linux / Solaris computer systems; advanced operator level with scripting and automation knowledge.
• Knowledge of ancillary network tools like Radius, DNS and other monitoring and troubleshooting tools would be advantageous
• Experience with cloud providers (AWS, Azure, …), virtualized network setups, cloud transition and migration projects
• Keeping up to date with latest networking virtualization technologies like SDN, NFV, OpenFlow, …