Senior Network Engineer - Telecoms, Cisco, ASA, Palo Alto, Monitoring tools
My cient are genuinely one of the most forward thinking and exciting telecoms players to work for in the world. With plush modern offices in the heart of London, free gym, subsidised canteen and onsite bar, my client can offer a state art environment and a first class career at the forefront of the telecoms arena. A full benefits package, LARGE PENSION and LARGE BONUS are on offer. Flexible working hours.
We are currently looking for a Senior Network engineer to join their networking team.
Most of the equipment consists of Cisco Routers ranging from 2600 to ASR9000 series, Cisco ASA and Palo Alto Firewalls, Panaroma, Cisco L2/L3 switches, Netscaler Citrix, ACE 4710, Orion, Qradar, HP Open View, Cisco Works, Stablenet, Perfsonar, Algosec, and Cacti network monitoring.
As part of this ongoing network related requirements, we are looking for an Engineer who will complement the current team to monitor, configure, troubleshoot and expand the network as required. The incumbent shall work as part of the team to support day to day operations of the network and ensure required network availability is met along with other network duties.
Key responsibilities of the position:
o As part of the Operational DCNS team focus on network availability and security
o Provide second and third level support for DCN activities and participate in producing and reviewing design, test and operational documents.
o Design, implement and operate interconnection from existing Inmarsat sites to other SAS and national gateways
o Provide DCN expertise in the enhancement of the systems at Inmarsat.
o Within the DCN team take responsibility for the day to day operations of the monitoring tools deployed, namely HP OpenView, Cisco Works, Solarwinds Orion, Cacti, Cisco IP SLA, Stablenet, Algosec, Perfsonar and Cisco Security Manager.
o Maintain, expand and upgrade the monitoring tools as required to ensure their continued reliability
o Ensure all security devices are updated with latest signatures
o Ensure all network devices that are under the group are pro-actively monitored.
o As part of the team participate in the daily monitoring of DCN and investigation of any issues to a conclusion
o Provide support on DCN related issues to NOC, SAS sites, customers and third parties
o General User support for DCN related issues
o Be part of the team that provides on-call support for the DCN
o Network / System Troubleshooting as required.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- University degree level education or equivalent in Computer Science / Data Communications.
- CCIE level ideally, but if only has CCNP/ CCSP will consider if proven work history.
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience of working in a network environment configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches, Cisco and Palo Alto firewalls and monitoring devices.
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and monitoring Secure Networks
- Experienced in configuring network monitoring tools like Orion, Cacti, Stablenet, Algosec, PerfSonar, Ansible, Panaroma and HP OpenView would be advantageous, although training will be provided to the right candidate with other related skills that might enhance the post and/or the group
- Generally proficient in Windows, Linux, Solaris, VM platforms to systems administrator level with scripting knowledge
- Knowledge of ancillary network tools like Radius, DNS and other monitoring / troubleshooting tools like Wireshark would be advantageous
- Fluent with Microsoft Office components especially Visio
- Willingness to learn new skills and be self-motivated
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and show flexibility
- A co-operative but assertive personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English