This Job has Expired
|Job Title||Senior Java Developer - Swindon|
|Sectors||IT, Software Development,|
|Job Published||2 months ago|
|Who to Contact||Geraint Allday|
A Senior Java Developer is urgently required to join a leading software house in Swindon, working on a wide range of bespoke applications for an impressive enterprise client base.
You will be part of an expanding team responsible for delivering a high quality, robust solution for a business critical financial service application in fast-paced agile environment. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of development, utilising industry standards and best practice at all stages.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Active participation in agile planning, refinement, retrospectives
* Take ownership in developing and testing user stories
* Ensure standards and best practice are followed
* Foster a culture of continuous improvement within the team
* Work closely with the product owner and stakeholders to achieve acceptance of user stories
* Define and communicate complex design concepts to technical and non-technical people
* Be objective around solutions and looking to reduce technical debt.
* Should have a good understanding of all aspects of the project they are working on.
* Consider the non-functional requirements of a project, and strive to make software robust.
To be considered you will need:
* Extensive Java development experience
* Experience with the design and development of RESTful services
* Experience of DI frameworks, such as Spring
* Use of source code and continuous integration tools, i.e. Git, Maven, Jenkins
* Proactively communicate with others
* Ability to self-manage, self learn and seek out answers
* Excellent unit, integration and regression testing skills.
* Good documentation skills
This is a key role within an expanding market leader, so if you are looking for a new challenge within a progressive, supportive company apply today for immediate consideration.