My client in Fareham, Hampshire are seeking a Senior Delivery Manager on a Fixed Term Contract basis which will run until 4th December 2020.
This role is responsible for the delivery, on-going success and continuous improvement of one or more digital products and/or services. You will work with the Delivery Managers and report into the Service Manager. As the de facto deputy Service Manager the main focus will be on ensuring the correct team dynamics, agile delivery practices and efficient stakeholder and project management to ensure successful delivery.
The main responsibilities of the Senior Delivery Manager is to:
- Ensure the teams have the right working environment and the tools they need to deliver value based on what users need
- Leads delivery where multiple product or service teams need to collaborate to deliver and ensures interdependencies and cross-cutting team issues are dealt with
- Work with the agile coaching team to ensure that agile practices are deeply embedded and that all teams members have the right skills and access to development that they need to do their roles
- Help the product owners priorities for the teams and help the team communicate what is achievable
- Help to ensure sponsor and genuine stakeholders are on-board throughout and that non-genuine or minor stakeholders not allowed to hijack momentum
- Encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value
- Effectively manage team dynamics when working across Departments
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process for each iteration, helping team members to prioritise the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Monitor team progress frequently and comprehensively
- Actively participating in the agile coaching community, learning, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in good practice
- Communicate accurate project status regularly and at the appropriate level
- Track spending and re-forecasts regularly and accurately. Relate business benefits to proposed scope changes
- Effectively manage suppliers to get optimum value
- Communicate service performance against key indicators to internal and external stakeholders
It's essential that you are:
- An expert in delivering agile projects in a range of environments and sectors, covering project inception to completion
- An expert in solving issues quickly and effectively, identifying themes and help the team learn from experience
- An expert in spotting project risks and blockers to work and removing or actioning them
- An expert in creative and effective planning, both internal and external to the delivery team, optimising speed to market, value and quality
- A practitioner in managing budgets
- A practitioner in effectively managing team dynamics when working across Departmental and other boundaries
- An expert in clarifying business priorities, roles and responsibilities and securing individual and team ownership
- An expert in motivating teams to deliver at pace and setting a positive team environment
- An expert in pushing decision making to the right level within their teams, not allowing unnecessary bureaucracy and structure to suppress innovation and delivery
- An expert in bringing together views and perspectives of stakeholders to gain a wider picture of the landscape surrounding activities and policies
- An expert in managing difficult relationships and helping teams overcome conflicts
- An expert in taking responsibility for delivery and ongoing management of high quality, digital products
- An expert in stakeholder management with experience of building strong relationships with the key decision makers and involving them in shaping the future state through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives.
The salary on offer for this role is £54,400 - £60,000 per annum. A generous holiday allowance is part of this package and there is also a good work-life balance - family-friendly working options including flexible working arrangements Monday to Friday between 7am and 7pm.
To apply, please send an up to date CV to email@example.com