Senior Backend Java Developers x 2, Swindon
Two Senior Backend Java Developers are required to join an expanding consultancy based in Swindon, developing a range of cutting edge cloud solutions for an enterprise client base.
The successful candidates will be part of a team responsible for delivering a high quality, robust solution for business critical applications in fast-paced agile environment. You will be involved in all aspects of development, utilising industry standards and best practice at all stages.
Your previous experience will mean you are adept at finding solutions to complex problems taking ownership and providing a recommended approach to engineering management.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Active participation in agile planning, refinement, retrospectives
- Take ownership in developing and testing user stories
- Ensure standards and best practice are followed
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement within the team
- Work closely with the product owner and stakeholders to achieve acceptance of user stories
- Define and communicate complex design concepts to technical and non-technical people
- Be objective around solutions and looking to reduce technical debt.
- Should have a good understanding of all aspects of the project they are working on.
- Consider the non-functional requirements of a project, and strive to make software robust.
- Mentor junior team members to improve their skills and experience
- Deep Java development experience (JEE) and Java Servlets
- Strong Design and development of RESTful services
- Experience of DI frameworks, such as Spring
- Databases, both relational and nonrelational
- Use of source code and continuous integration tools, i.e. Git, Maven, Jenkins
- Proactively communicate with others
- Excellent unit, integration and regression testing skills.
- Good documentation skills
Any of the following would be advantageous
- Google Cloud Platform
- JUnit, Cucumber
- Linux experience (RedHat, Centos or Fedora)
- Experience of Jira
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and reap the rewards that can bring – apply today for immediate consideration.
Closing date for applications: 30-03-2018