Job Title: Platform Engineer - Software Development - Contract
Department: Global Technology - Development / Infrastructure
Reporting to: Head of Global Platforms
Duration 3-6 months initially
Client: Global Financial Organisation - Financial/Regulatory/Investment
We are looking for a Contract Platform Engineer to be based in London for an excellent Financial Organisation on a 3-6 month Contract.
Platform Engineer -we would like to find someone who is development focused with more of a Software Development background (preferably Node.js knowledge and minimal Golang knowledge.
Department: Global Technology - Infrastructure - Development background
Development focused with more of a Software Development background
Preferably having Node.js knowledge
Some Golang knowledge.
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering principles and implement solutions using software engineering methodology
- In-depth knowledge of CI/CD and be able to apply the principle through out the infrastructure development life-cycle.
- In-depth technical knowledge of API integrations via software development and complex automation framework.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Azure, understand immutable infrastructure principles and apply the model on-premise and off-premise.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows / Linux operating systems
- In-depth knowledge of modern virtualization via containerization on Windows and Linux
- Work closely with the global leads to deliver strategic goals.
- Design, build and test integrated platform/infrastructure as services
- Design, build and test internal tools and software components for global platform services rollout.
- Work closely with the support functions, the Storage and Unix engineers and also the DBAs to ensure all designs & deployments are globally consistent, scalable and supportable.
- Establish, document and implement global standards for hardware by software implementation
- Build a platform, capable of abstraction complexity from users and automate the manual process by thinking creatively.
- Have a history of working in a mission-critical environment.
- Experienced in software defined infrastructure by building components across the technology stack (network, storage, virtualization, deployment and infrastructure lifecycle management).
- Be able to discuss, design, implement and document complex solutions to improve business inefficacy.
- Understand the importance of metrics & statistics when measuring the performance & capacity.
Excellent Client and Opportunity, please email me your CV, thanks,
Ref: 24274 Published: 5 months ago