Network and Security Engineer - Cisco, TCP/IP, ASA, NG Firewalls, BGP, London, 6months - likely to run and run.
Network Security Engineer
Primary Purpose of the Role:
This is a design and delivery role which encompasses all systems required to ensure that effective and manageable connectivity services are delivered to airlines in a consistent and secure way. The role will require significant interaction within the Aero Service Support group, suppliers and customers to ensure the delivery of the specified systems into operation. Security is to be implemented consistently, in a proven and testable way at all levels of the Network and Systems.
- Participate in planning, development of new & existing features of the new aviation products.
- Review and expand network infrastructure.
- Participate in analysing, documenting, reporting and fixing production security issues.
- Work with all stakeholders to implement, promote and maintain security in a participative way
- Work within a small, highly agile team
- Promote new approaches to problem solving
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- University degree level or equivalent in Computing Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
- Excellent capacity at debugging complex systems, developing and implementing quick fixes as well as leading and delivering long term permanent solutions to problems
- Previous proven extensive experience in Telecommunications or integrated network
- Ability to quickly develop proof of concepts / prototypes from scratch
- Hands-on Security experience
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP stack
- In-depth experience with NG Firewalls and IPS technology (preferably ASA and firepower)
- Excellent IP Network knowledge at all layers including but not limited to : routing, switching, MPLS, VPNs, QoS, tcpdump, traffic shapers, bridging,
- Proven experience in documenting and describing complex systems.
- Methodical approach to designing and testing systems
- Good level of Experience with BGP
- Ability to write test plans and automate their execution
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with Cisco networking equipment
- IPSEC VPN configuration and troubleshooting experience
- Secure network design understanding
- Cisco Switch support experience including Nexus
- UCS network integration understanding
- Industry Security qualification
- Excellent knowledge of iptables / iproute / tc stack
- Proficiency with SELinux