IT Service Desk Technician - West Midlands
Contract role - end March 2018 initially
Job Specification:- IT Service Desk Technician
- To provide day to day customer focused service desk support to IT users from all customer organisations
- Be responsible for maintaining the service desk environment and keeping up to date documentation
- Answer all calls and respond within the timescales outlined in the customer Service Level Agreements
- Ensure all calls, emails and requests are logged in the call logging/management system
- Utilise specialist tools such as Marval, IP Call Centre, Asset Studio and VNC to perform first-time-fixes.
- Carry out pro-active work to ensure the upkeep of active directory
- Help to maintain 24/7 availability of access to services.
- Troubleshoot of all 1st line issues quickly and efficiently to ensure availability and performance of user systems
- An aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of user problems
- Carry out administrative duties as required to do so by the Service Desk Team Leader
- Escalation of calls following process and procedures as appropriate
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Maintain and development thorough technical and procedural documentation
- Ability to utilise Active Directory knowledge. Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups etc.
- Communicate with end-users to identify the extent of a technical issue and convey the planned method of resolution in a non-technical manner
- Work to ensure compliance with ITIL Incident, Problem and Change Management processes and standards.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of any patient identifiable data or business information that the post holder may come into contact with.
- To work in conjunction with and comply to other Service teams to achieve and deliver quality services
- Standard support hours are 7am – 7pm, the post holder maybe required to work a shift pattern operating within those hours
- Monitor and maintain health, safety and security of self and others
- There may also be a requirement to undertake other similar duties as part of this post in order to provide a quality service. These will be consistent with the level of responsibilities outlined above
- This job description may be reviewed from time to time in light of developments and may be amended in consultation with the post holder
Excellent Client and Opportunity, please email me your CV, thanks,