Competent plant, quarrying and mining fitters required for immediate start at Plant Hire Company based in Wolverhampton.
Specialising in green waste management, aggregates and landscaping our fleet comprises predominantly of loading shovels, crushers, screeners, articulated dumpers and excavators.
We are looking for experienced fitters with an eye for quality to become a part of a rapidly expanding team of individuals based at our Wolverhampton depot. As a newly formed subsidiary of a well-established organisation this role offers room to grow and develop within the organisation and would be a prime opportunity to progress at a company that values and reward staff skill and loyalty.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Safely maintaining equipment across a number of sites.
- Safely maintaining equipment at our flagship depot in Wolverhampton.
- Fault finding and diagnostic work.
- Aiding in improvement projects.
- Conducting preventative maintenance and recording.
- Maintaining a quality record of work carried out as per company policy.
- Stripping and rebuilding/refurbishing of components.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to fault find, diagnose and rectify issues on mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems across a variety of machinery and equipment. Experience on quarrying/mining/waste management equipment would certainly be an advantage.
We are particularly interested in candidates who are motivated to provide a quality service and will 'go the extra mile' in identifying root causes, gathering information and assisting in further diagnostics of an issue.
Evidence of training (Eg NVQ Level 3 Mechanical Apprenticeship) advantageous but not essential if understanding can be demonstrated.
Fabrication, welding and spray booth skills are beneficial but not mandatory.
Driving licence preferred but not essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Secondary education
- The ideal candidate will be able to fault find, diagnose and rectify issues on mechanical, hydraulic: 4 years
- Evidence of training (Eg NVQ Level 3 Mechanical Apprenticeship) advantageous but not essential if un: 4 years
Required licence or certification: Driving licence preferred but not essential.