An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Field Service Engineer to join an expanding Fire and Security Company.
The position is a Field Service engineer within the Security and Fire industry but based from their Camberley Office. There are many objectives and responsibilities to this role, but will be necessary to have an understanding of all disciplines within the industry.
The ideal candidates knowledge requirement is a technical one, understanding installation principals, the skills of fault finding and troubleshooting, also an understanding of the required British or European standards appropriate to each discipline.
You will be working a Service area and will be responsible for the clients within that area and meeting the requirements set down by the company with regard to Service achievement’s and response times.
Duties and Responsibilites
- To attend the companies end users and undertake periodic maintenance of Security/Fire detection systems
- To attend to carry out necessary fault finding
- To meet predefined target times/quantities for periodic inspections.
- To liaise with the Service Co-Ordinator in line with the company’s requirements, with clear and concise communication regarding customer issues.
- To ensure that installed systems, documentation is maintained of works carried out, where documentation differs, is brought to the attention of the Service supervisor/engineering manager.
- To ensure that the customer is satisfied in all aspects on the works carried out, and to project a high level of Quality Customer Service at all times.
- To promote and maintain good relations with the customer, ensuring confidentiality, maintaining high standards and promoting a good image for the company.
- To ensure the relevant documentation is completed in an accurate manner, this includes worksheets, time sheets, expense forms, stock requests etc.
- To ensure that all Company property is used and maintained in the proper manner, including Vehicles, tools, access equipment, mobile phones, computers etc, any damage to be reported to your line manager immediately.
- To maintain stock within your vehicle to the company’s stock level and that of which is appropriate to your job position.
- To be available to participate in the companies call out rota.
- To adhere to all company’s polices, procedures and regulations.
- To conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times
If you have experience working within the Fire and Security Industry and are based in the U.K and this is of interest to yu please do not hesisate to contact me on 01384 245872 or alternatively send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.