My client in Fareham, Hampshire, are seeking a Data Scientist to join their Big Data team on an initial 6 month contract.
As a data scientist you will investigate particular data sources, data science tools and technologies and their application to official statistics as well as developing methodological approaches. For example, you might lead a proof-of-concept project to link diverse datasets by using graph databases.
Relevant Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge and experience of graph databases (eg. Neo4j) or RDF databases
- Knowledge and experience of a range of statistical or data science techniques
- Experience in manipulation and analysis of data and presenting research results
- Experience in coding, preferably Python or R, with an ability to pick up new languages as required
A desirable would be someone who has experience of using synthetic data
Broader skills to include:
- Experience of building relationships with others across organisational boundaries
- Demonstrated experience of carrying out complex analytical research work
- Ability to manage pieces of research or analytical work, working with others to deliver quality outcomes to time
- Problem solving skills
- Good team working skills
- A degree in a subject such as mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, engineering (or similar) is essential
To apply, please send an up to date CV to email@example.com