Cloud Services Team Lead - Strategy, team management, linux background, agile, azure, google. London
WORLD LEADING TELECOMS HOUSE with plush modern offices in the heart of London, free gym, subsidised canteen and onsite bar, my client can offer a state art environment and a first class career at the forefront of the telecoms arena. A full benefits package, LARGE PENSION and LARGE BONUS are on offer. Flexible working hours.
Cloud Services Team Lead - send CV in first instance.
My client has adopted a cloud first approach to delivering its’ IT services and capabilities. As part of the new operating model, the need for a team leader for cloud services has been created. This role will operate within a DevOps environment and should be comfortable with agile methodologies, ITIL framework, and possess solid experience with Linux.
The successful candidate will lead an existing cross-functional team and will develop and coach this team as the transition progresses, the role will also help the team focus on automation and continuous integration and improvements.
- Maintain, monitor and support the Cloud DevOps tools.
- Work closely with application and testing teams to ensure ongoing alignment towards the target architecture.
- Coaching junior members of the team.
- Driving effectiveness, efficiency and continuous improvement through the use of automation and adoption of appropriate and approved tools.
- Provide escalated on-call support with high-volume, high-availability (24x7) production systems.
- Translate business and technical requirements into automation tools and scripts.
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment.
- Provide direction and leadership to the SysOps/DevOps Team across all technologies.
- The SysOps/DevOps Team Lead is a subject matter and technical expert (Hands On) on server technologies, Cloud Technologies, automation, core Infrastructure, Web technologies and other key technologies such as networking, virtualization and Databases (Not limited too).
- Experience / familiarity with systems including Windows and Linux systems with focus on Linux.
- You will be responsible for overseeing the proactive day-to-day technical activities related to maintaining, monitoring and developing reliable, effective and resilient Infrastructure and Cloud systems (Hybrid), along with managing and maintaining applications.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and procedures and follow other central IT guidelines.
- You will play a key role in the implementation of major projects.
- The team lead will also be responsible for the resource scheduling, the assignment of work activities within the team, as well as ensuring that all project related work is carried to schedule.
- Contribute to the success of building and maintaining a world-class cloud infrastructure, with key objectives in the areas utilization, availability, capacity, scalability, performance and security management.
- Work with the design teams to ensure effective designs and application of the cloud and hosting services.
- Technical escalation point for Major Incidents and service breaches.
- Identify and resolve problems with the services and support the resolution of problems in dependent services.
- Collect, analyse and report on availability, capacity and performance metrics for infrastructure health.
- Maintain performance and capacity at target operating thresholds aligned to best practices.
- Support the provisioning of cloud and co-lo based data centre services
- Devise and support the DR and business continuity plans as defined.
- Coordinate and implement security strategies developed by the Inmarsat Security team
- Participate in the management of the monthly vulnerability scans and coordinate the remediation of identified vulnerabilities
- Interface with and provide expertise/guidance to other teams inside and outside of the IT organization, such as Customer Support, Networks and 3rd Party Vendors
- Lead problem resolution process to root cause, take initiative in identifying and fixing broken processes in the infrastructure environment.
- Report any potential security weakness, exposure or suspicious indications to the Security Operations team.
- Ensure DevOps and automation is applied to facilitate an effective and efficient cloud environment for application
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience managing global infrastructure and DevOps teams up to 8+ person.
- Expertise as a SysOps/Linux Systems Administrator and systems designer.
- Experience of design and implementation of infrastructure, applications and Cloud Solutions at enterprise level.
- Be a key stakeholder in driving DevOps.
- Work in a cross functional DevOps team.
- Experience with Datacentre migration, Cloud migration, integration and consolidation efforts.
- Strong Linux infrastructure background and hands on exposure to Cloud and automation technologies.
- Understanding of Cloud Services, such as Azure, AWS, Google, etc.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree (or equivalent) in software engineering, computer science, or business administration
- Working knowledge of SQL, MySQL, MongoDB and Oracle.
- Ability to work across cultures effectively, valuing diversity within a virtual team.
Ref: BR- CLOUD-05 Published: 2 months ago