A global leader in cash technology solutions who provide to the financial, retail and gaming industry are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager.
The role will be home and field based with occasional travel required to the companies head office.
The primary aim of the role is to prospect for new clients by networking and cold calling and through various other attraction methods.
The BDM will be required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company's practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client's needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company's CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company's people and capabilities.
- Understand the company's goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company's performance.
- To ensure routine use of bid review/approval processes, sales reporting and pipeline management/CRM tools
- Experience of selling solutions
- Experience of selling payment or hardware solutions would be desirable but not essential
£30,000 - £40,000 basic salary depending on experience + car allowance + commission of £27,000 OTE
Ref: 24049 Published: 29 days ago