3rd Line Support Engineer – Stockport - £35-40k
I have an exciting opportunity to work within an IT business, providing 3rd line IT support in the Stockport area. This role will be working with a variety of technologies (Microsoft, Cisco etc) providing senior support as well as being technical lead on projects.
Salary: £35-40k package
Working in a team on the Service Desk, the role will be phone and remote support based.
- Provide 3rd level technical support on escalations
- Deliver technical project work – server implementations and migrations
- Visit customers to create technical solutions
- Support team with presales activities
Mon – Fri (8:30-5:30)
- Proven experience in a 3rd line IT Support / technical consultant role
- Ability to use remote support applications.
- Excellent client-facing skills, including ability to handle demanding customers with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent communication skills & phone manner
- Experience with virtualisation technologies – VMware / Hyper V
- Experience with networking – LAN / WAN, Cisco
- Experience of backup solutions
- Relevant industry certifications desirable – PRINCE2, ITIL, MCSE, MCSA
Looking to move ASAP so please send me your latest CV and I will call you to discuss further.
James Turley – IT Recruitment Consultant – – 01384 246 267
3rd Line Support, technical consultant, MS Office, MS Internet Explorer, Office 365 administration, Network LAN and WAN connectivity, Cisco, Sonicwall, Draytec, machine software images, IOS knowledge, Windows 7, 8, & 10, Windows server operating systems 2008, 2012, r2, Hyper V, Active Directory, Thin client Technology, Anti-Virus technology, Backup technologies, Server hardware, Storage, NAS, JBOD, SAN, Windows mobiles, iPhones, Interactive whiteboards, Windows Surface tablets, iPad tablets, Laptops, Desktop/server hardware, Printers.