2nd Line Service Desk Engineer - West Midlands
Contract role - end March 2018 initially
Job Specification:- 2nd Line IT Service Desk Engineer
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To provide day to day customer focused remote support to IT users from all customer organisations.
Be responsible for maintaining the Remote Solution environment and keeping up to date documentation.
- Utilise specialist tools such as LANDesk, Asset Studio and VNC to package and deploy applications remotely as well as support.
- Proficient in using the Microsoft management console to manage and maintain computers remotely
- Capable of leveraging the window management instrumentation to remotely interrogate remote workstations
- Proficient in the use of the internal tool sets
- Expert in the use of remote access \ management solutions across desktop and mobile devices
- Show experience of the administration of cross platform mobile device management solutions
- Ability to analyse log files in many different formats to remotely diagnose issues with workstations
- Show experience of using Microsoft inbuilt performance monitoring tool set
- Help to maintain 24/7 availability of access to services.
- Monitoring outstanding support requests against customer Service Level Agreements, prioritising calls effectively, and keeping users up to date with progress and initiating escalation procedures where required.
- Troubleshoot complex configuration issues quickly and efficiently to ensure availability and performance of Desktop PCs, Printers, Laptops, Scanners, IP Telephones, Applications, etc.
- Ability to support IP Telephony using the IP Call Manager and IP Call Centre Solution
- Responsibility for the provision of IP Telephony features such as CUPC, Voicemail, Hunt Groups, Forwarding, etc
- Supporter and owner of 3rd party support relationships held. Responsible for fault reporting to 3rd parties.
- Ability to diagnose N3 issues and determine best course of action for a speedy resolution
- Capacity to deal with local area network problems including switching protocols and firewall rules
- Responsible for departmental and customer disk to disk back up environment, seeking confirmation of backup completions and securing timely solutions to problems
- Carry out capacity analysis of the data centre server environment, pro-actively resolving potential problems
- Responsible for monitoring the IPVPN and N3 WAN / LAN environment using specialized tools. Escalating faults to specialist engineers when appropriate
- Administration and support of the VPN environment utilized by customers
- Providing web security advice and guidance to customers
- Provide support for the web content environment solutions to all customers
- Sourcing and entering content for the web sites maintained by the department. This shall take the form of text, documents and images
- Responsible for the maintenance of all internal and external websites
- To take ownership of escalated Remote issues and problems, and handle until an acceptable resolution or solution path is achieved. To analyse and investigate a range of highly complex technical problems and develop, design, and implement appropriate solutions.
- Maintain and develop thorough technical and procedural documentation and help disseminate technical knowledge to other support staff.
- Communicate with end-users to identify the extent of a technical issue and convey the planned method of resolution in a non-technical manner.
- To take ownership of the Remote Environment, identify and rectify known errors within the environment through a release management schedule.
- Implement, monitor and maintain the appropriate Industry Standards, Policies and Procedures
- Work to ensure compliance with ITIL Incident, Problem and Change Management processes and standards.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of any patient identifiable data or business information that the post holder may come into contact with.
- To maintain the standard architecture within the remote environment, and monitor adherence.
- To work in conjunction with and comply to other teams to achieve and deliver quality services.
- The post holder maybe required to take part in the on-call scheme operated via a rota system.
- Standard support hours are 7am – 7pm, the post holder maybe required to work a shift pattern operating within those hours
- Monitor and maintain health, safety and security of self and others.
- There may also be a requirement to undertake other similar duties as part of this post in order to provide a quality service. These will be consistent with the level of responsibilities outlined above.
- This job description may be reviewed from time to time in light of developments and may be amended in consultation with the post holder.
Full Clean Driving License and Vehicle required
Excellent Client and Opportunity, please email me your CV, thanks,
Ref: 25286 Published: about 1 month ago