1st Line Support Engineer – Stockport - £20k
I have an exciting opportunity to work within an IT business, providing 1st line IT support in the Stockport area. This role will be working with a variety of technologies (Microsoft, Cisco etc) and having a working knowledge of supporting IT hardware i.e: printers, desktops, laptops etc.
Salary: Circa £20k
Working in a team on the Service Desk, the role will be phone and remote support based.
- Taking calls on the helpdesk via or ticketing system/email or phone and
working to complete tickets to resolution
- Hardware repairs
- Occasional project work lead by Level 2 or technical consultant including server installations, server migrations and full IT solutions for customers
Mon – Fri (8:30-5:30)
- Proven experience in a first line IT Support Role.
- Ability to use remote support applications.
- Excellent client-facing skills, including ability to handle demanding customers with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent communication skills & phone manner
- Basic understanding of networking technologies.
- A working knowledge of supporting IT hardware including printers, desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
- Experience of using Microsoft Active Directory User.
Looking to move ASAP so please send me your latest CV and I will call you to discuss further.
James Turley – IT Recruitment Consultant – – 01384 246 267
MS Office, MS Internet Explorer, Office 365 administration, Network LAN and WAN connectivity, Cisco, Sonicwall, Draytec, machine software images, IOS knowledge, Windows 7, 8, & 10, Windows server operating systems 2008, 2012, r2, Hyper V, Active Directory, Thin client Technology, Anti-Virus technology, Backup technologies, Server hardware, Storage, NAS, JBOD, SAN, Windows mobiles, iPhones, Interactive whiteboards, Windows Surface tablets, iPad tablets, Laptops, Desktop/server hardware, Printers.